Feng Shui Times Forums :: View topic - Skylights and Period 8 (changing of periods)
Feng Shui Times Forums: Resource, Community, Chinese Classical Architecture Design Lessons and Classes. Bagua Yin Yang and Chi  
 Home  •  Forum  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Skylights and Period 8 (changing of periods) View next topic
View previous topic
summerhill
Feng Shui Disciple
Feng Shui Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear all,

I am wondering about houses with skylights. If they are functional -- that is to say that they open -- can opening a skylight change a house to Period 8? If a person installs a skylight, opening the roof, would this make a house period 8? And are skylights in general good or bad feng shui?

Regards,
summerhill
OfflineView user's profileSend private message
Anita Williams
Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Summerhill,

I had a skylight just outside my front door,installed a few days after i moved in this property,and my front door is at SE sector where 5 yellow is.

I could think of 3 possibilties -

1)It has activated the 5 yellow because it's consider a renovation/construction,hence i felt distressed soon i moved in.

on the positive side:

2) i thought it may bring some Yang energy to the dark odd corridoor through the skylight or

the negative side:
3)the Chi that comes in goes straight out through it before reaching my front door.

I can't think of which one is more likely....but i still believe it has cause impacts on my dwelling....

regards,

Anita
HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
summerhill
Feng Shui Disciple
Feng Shui Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Anita,

Yes, I've heard not do renovate in the area of the 5 yellows annual star, but mostly I've heard that about the Grand Duke Jupiter. Did you make and changes of significance in the SW. Banging and drilling might trigger problems.

I wonder if the skylight could have emitted more 5 yellows energy. This would be bad.

I had a serious depression come upon me in response to the 5 yellows at my front door once. Then with the typical decision making of the panic-striken depressed, I move into three bad houses in succession. One of these houses was facing the same direction I had moved to get away from. I didn't know then that an intersection can make a great difference in the determination of a facing. The next house was on a void line. You can read of my awful experiences there in the thread that discusses void lines. The next house had awful external forms in addition to having the 5 yellows at the front door. Silly me. I moved there because I got a good break on the rent. Sometimes it's better to just work with what we have and hope for the best.

I did once live in a house with a skylight and I felt my energy and focus were very scattered. But this was one of the houses with the 5 yellows at the front door. With so many variables, it is sometimes difficult to determine where the problems lie.

Regards,
summerhill
Suan
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear summerhill,

From what I understand, a skylight in the middle of the property will automatically change the period of the house.

In old days in China, houses were built with a well in the middle of the house and hence the house period will automatically change - because it is exposed to natural elements.

Such skylights are beneficial for huge shopping malls who can't afford to lose business by closing down a month or so to change it's period. This is provided that they know what the next period chart for their property will be, and they know how to capitalise on that. There are a couple of such malls in my city and they are doing very well now, and according to a friend who checked the mall's charts for personal research, will do even better in Period 8.

Administrator
Feng Shui Times Forums
http://www.FengShuiForums.net
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
summerhill
Feng Shui Disciple
Feng Shui Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Suan.

I used to live in a house with a skylight and I assumed it was period 5. I'll do a little retrospective now and see if it fit period 7 better. So much to learn!

Regards,
summerhill

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic