Feng Shui Times Forums :: View topic - about 49 day ritual
Feng Shui Times Forums: Resource, Community, Chinese Classical Architecture Design Lessons and Classes. Bagua Yin Yang and Chi  
 Home  •  Forum  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 about 49 day ritual View next topic
View previous topic
luisak
FST Forums Fan
FST Forums Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder where to find 49 day ritual on the website? Can anyone tell me? icon_question.gif
Thanks

Suan
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear luisak,

Are you looking for the 49-day ritual for cultural knowledge or for Feng Shui?

If you are looking at it from a Feng Shui perspective, then it is not traditional Feng Shui.

It is difficult for a lot of people to separate what is real or not - but when generally when it comes to wishing for something to come true, then it is mostly the power of the mind and has nothing whatsoever to do with traditional Feng Shui.

Administrator
Feng Shui Times Forums
http://www.FengShuiForums.net
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
destiny
FST Forums Fan
FST Forums Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi luisak,

I believe you got confused between Fengshui and Religion.

49 day ritual is related to Buddhism. When a person dies, his/her consciouness will be suspended in another plane. If this person is not reborn within 7 days, this consciousness will linger on for another 7 days.. if this person is not reborn within 49 days, then his/her consciousnes will be reborn in another plane of existence.

If you are a Christian, it is liken to hanging around in Purgatory (hope the spelling is correct) ie., between Heaven and Hell until he/she is judged.

That's why for Buddhist families, they will invite Bikkhu (monks) or Bikkhuni (nuns) for a Buddhist ritual on each of the 7th day. The dead and bereaved family members will gain good merits through paying homage to the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

The dead after gaining merits from such rituals will be elevated from some sufferings and hopefully be reborn as a human.

Try visiting some websites on Buddhism.

Cheers!
icon_smile.gif
OfflineView user's profileSend private message
dcmiahs
Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi there,
i am not sure if the other replies where what you where looking for or not but if you are refering to the actual wish list ritual, *snip* to my understanding you write your wish on a piece of paper 49 times and sign your prosperity signature below it 49 times. then burn the paper. due this for 49 consecutive days. if you miss a day you must start over. also be careful where you burn your list, you do not want your wish going down the toilet! hope this helps. best of luck to you!
HiddenView user's profileSend private message

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic