Feng Shui Times Forums :: View topic - Correcting a Kitchen
Feng Shui Times Forums: Resource, Community, Chinese Classical Architecture Design Lessons and Classes. Bagua Yin Yang and Chi  
 Home  •  Forum  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Correcting a Kitchen View next topic
View previous topic
Chen Lee
Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I need some help.

If I cannot change the location of my kitchen or stove what can I do? It is in the NW part of the home facing the SW and above the garage and is also located in my auspicious sector. I need to know how can I cure it?

Thank You.
OfflineView user's profileSend private message
kwillcutt
FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Chen Lee,

First, your kitchen and stove is in the NW.. (so is mine)..Thats a general statment...What is facing SW? The whole kitchen or just the stove?? What direction does the stove point?.. what is the facing and sitting compass directions of the house or apartment?..Your asking for a cure...... for the sector or for your personal directions???

Is there a specific issue you are concerned with? And in reality if you want a cure you know all aspects of your home or apartment will have to be looked at.. are you willing to go the distance and post all nessecary info, or are you just asking for a *BEEP* cure???

Kathy

Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your help.
Well there are a few things: first. My kitchen and my stove are located NW and that is considered "fire at heaven's gate" which I understand that situation is the ultime feng shui tabu. second I undertand that your kitchen should not be in any of your auspicious directions and NW is one of mine. last I not sure if mean something having your stove above the garage. I just do not know how to cure my dilema.
Chen Lee
kwillcutt
FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok.. I will say again.. my kitchen and stove are in the NW.. been doin fine for quite a while but if you have a specific issue then state it.. and do tell why you are concerned other than so and so told me I should be... Yes it is your good direction....ok.. what kua are you???... and what is the sitting and facing of your home??

Kathy

Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and thank you .
My main concern is that "The kitchen, and especially the stove should not be in the NW. This is describe as "fire at heaven's gate" and is said to be most inauspicious. The bad luck manifest itself as danger to the house and breadwinner. A kitchenin the NW can cause the head of the household to lose his job, fall out of favor at work, or lose money in an important contract".
Now I am #2 or SW which means that NWis one of my auspicious or lucky sectors and based on the Compass School if your kitchen is located in one of your unlucky sectors this is good since press down on bad luck, but that is my good luck so that particular location of my kitchen press down on my good luck.
Nevertheless, I just cannot change the location of the kitchen or move so I am looking for a way to fix since most of the information that I been reading say that Feng Shui has cures and antidotes for everything but I just can not fine the one for my particular case.

Quote:
indirakshee2001
Trusted FST Member
Trusted FST Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Namaste,

See if you can reposition your gas stove or cooking range out of the Qian sector ., in other words the actual fire may not be in NW2, perhaps NW1 or NW3 ., not the best cure., however if the scope for change is too little ., perhaps it could help .,

with regards,
Bhavesh.K.Joshi

Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you for your advise but the problem is that the sink and frig are facing each other so if I do that the stove would be facing one of the two and I still have the stove pretty much close to the NW2 since the kitchen is not as big.
:shocking:
Chen Lee
kwillcutt
FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bhavesh and Chen,

I still dont understand why the panic because the kitchen or stove are in the NW..I have heard the saying fire at heavens gate before and even had a computer generated audit tell me to run like the wind from my house because of the location of our stove.. But Greg (husband/ breadwinner) has had only excellent health and has had one promotion and raise after the another...

So what gives..If the reason for Greg's continued prosperity has to do with something other then the stove placement shouldnt everything about Chen's place be looked at before it is assumed there is a problem?? Chen still hasnt said wheather or not there is a current problem..What if moving the stove without all the information would actually cause a problem rather than fix something that as of now we dont even know exists...

Kathy

FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

This stove and kitchen thing seems to be one of the controversial things.

I read that some masters say to have stove/kitchen in inauspiscious sector to "burn up" the bad area.
Others recommend kitchen in area with good stars.
Some seem to think it's just Fire and results depend on Five Elements.
I guess all agree that Heaven at Fire's Gate is bad, but like Kathy, my kitchen is pretty much in my NW sector and the stove faces NW1. I'm fine, thanks.

So perhaps there are subtleties we're not getting?

Chen, are you looking at sectors using 8-wedge method?
Are you measuring from center of building?
One man's qian may be another's geng. (That's sort of a Bhavesh joke!)

Robert

FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Been thinking more about this.

Is Fire at Heaven's gate better or worse than having water in Direct Spirit?
Is it better or worse that having a back door opposite and in line with the front door?
Is it better or worse than sleeping in a strong jue ming sector facing your lui fa direction?

OK, it sounds like I'm being foolish, but it's a real question. We read of many feng shui "no no's". Is there a heirarchy of bad situations?

What is the effect of great situations (water in the right places, supporting landforms, etc.) on bad ones (such as above)?

icon_confused.gif

Robert

Starting Out
Starting Out

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all
I have been thinking and reading and I just figure out that my house is in L-shape and I been wanted to do something about he moissing corner, but some one told me that "L-shape hosu is split between two Lo Shu grid" if that is rthe casse my kitchen is in the Nort sector which is good since N if not my auspicious sector. But now the I thinking more about it I also fine out that I have two fire in the center of each grid my question will be if this is OK because I think I read somethinmg that having a fire place in the south corner is best???
There is always something the more I learn the more I wounder.
My best to all yours Chen Lee.
kwillcutt
FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Chen,

Im glad to see the lights comming on.. Im sure there will be more and more that comes to light for you.. When I found fs. I was so scared. I had read so many diferent things and I was paniked.. In the end over the course of almost a year only using my house as my learning ground, I have found that I never needed any changes at all.. It was a matter of learning more, understanding more, and not doing anything until I was sure there was a problem..

Your L shaped house should be addressed, but so should all other factors of your home.. If you are interested post your floor plan to scale along with acurate compass directions and lets all take a look from every angle we can. Im only a student, but I will help in anyway I can... icon_smile.gif

Im not sure I understood what you meant by the two fire in both center grids.. But I have a fire place in the NE corner in the NE sector of my home.. So far so good there too.. But if you have an actual fire pit or stove in the center of your grids, then there is more than one theory on the central palace as well..

Kathy

Trusted FST Member
Trusted FST Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Namaste,

Interesting conversation .,

fire burning heavens gate. ,all star combos are dormant unless triggered by visiting stars or everpresent shars .,

in my case the fire burning heavens gate was keeping the stove on #6 sitting star., dad was a #6 ., now the head of the family is my mum, KUN and not Qian ., (by trigram attributes that is) .,

again ., i maintain that shars or visitng stars aggrivate the combo., it may be in many cases and not in an obvious place., for example a triangle shape in the NW could also be construed as a FBHG.,

water in indirect spirit ., what type of water is imprtant ., lake, stream, bucket?

sleeping in strong jue ming direction gets my vote as being bad..,

back door opposite to the front door ., i have that situation ., unless your house is really huge ., like some of the old chettiar houses here., which are more than 100 feet long., and need cross ventilation, however smaller houses dont get my vote ., i have a line of doors ., keep one of them closed either the front or the back ., and have a curtain on one of them ., so problem solved .,

then you have san he., san yuan, forms, ah the list is endless ., welcome to the world of FS ., fine line between perfection and paranoia .,

with regards
Bhavesh.K.Joshi

FST Forums Fan
FST Forums Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Robert,

Quote:
Is Fire at Heaven's gate better or worse than having water in Direct Spirit?

Can't be compared.
-Fire at Heaven's gate effects gua 6,relations between father and son,head of family.In my experience if we have real fire in the NW of a factory (could be cantine) it can lead to serious problems with the government (tax,excise etc)

-water in Direct Spirit could effect relations in general.In my experience,it has no or neglectable effects if it is a small amount of water (small fountain ) placed internally.
In the same way water in the Indirect Spirit (Ling Shen) gives no or neglectable pos.effects if the amount of water is small,placed internally.

Quote:
Is it better or worse that having a back door opposite and in line with the front door?

Again result different.What results we discussed already in another thread.

Quote:
Is it better or worse than sleeping in a strong jue ming sector facing your lui fa direction?

This depends on the individuals natal chart.
A strong jue ming sector facing your lui fa direction gives you a specific result in specific years.What are the other influences in the same sector acc. to FX,San He,DG etc?What is the impact according to Bazi (specifically the 12 palace system of Bazi)?

The important thing to understand is that we have to avoid by all costs mono-causal interpretations.We have to see the whole picture before we come to any conclusion.

Example:
Fu or Fan Yin in the mountain star of the centre palace - could lead to relationship and health problems.
Now I would look how the mountain star 8 is placed.If the mountain star 8 is well placed (supported by external form and used in bedroom or yin area of the house) we would have already a very powerful counter balance to the Fan/Fu Yin situation.

This means we look for specific tendencies in a house,and then we see which factors are strengthening or weakening these specific tendencies.
All the factors together tell us how strong or weak these tendencies are.

Just my thoughts
bzsm icon_razz.gif
HiddenView user's profileSend private message
devadog
FST Forums Moderator
FST Forums Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank-you all for your replies.

That was wonderfully helpful.

Those of us who have not studied with a sifu or an experienced practitioner...and who only have available the popular English-language books...see each of these situations listed as a judgement of doom. Like Chen, we conclude that the situation must be corrected. And yet we look around and see others living with this Death-sentence quite nicely.

And Bhavesh and BZSM, since each of your personal styles is different, the two together should be clear to anyone.

Robert

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic